Experienced Concord Attorney Helps Resolve Your Family Law Issues
Reliable guidance and passionate representation throughout Cabarrus County
Family law is unique in that it brings facts and feelings that are deeply personal into the civic arena. For that reason, family law issues require special sensitivity, even when aggressive tactics are needed to secure a just outcome. At the Law Office of Amy F. Zacharias, I strive always to be professional, respectful, and positive, so you can have confidence and peace of mind as we pursue the best possible outcome. If you seek help for divorce, child custody, asset division or any other family law issue, you should know that I have more than 30 years of family law experience and a strong record of success, even in the most strenuously contested cases. You can rely on me to respond quickly and genuinely to your concerns and to work diligently on your behalf.
Sensitive and sensible assistance for a wide range of family law issues
Family law encompasses a broad range of areas related to marriage and parenting. Issues that I commonly manage for clients include:
- Adoption — If you want to add to your family or provide legal safeguards for a child who is already part of your household, I can guide you through the adoption process. I am familiar with various types of adoptions, including agency adoptions, foster care adoption, grandparent adoptions, open adoptions, stepparent adoptions, and international adoptions.
- Alimony — In North Carolina, the courts must consider 16 factors when deciding whether to order alimony and how much. I make sure the court has all the pertinent facts to apply to these factors so the judge can make a fully informed decision and you get a fair result.
- Child custody — North Carolina courts make child custody determinations based on the best interests of the child. I provide the determined advocacy you need to protect your parental rights and advance your child’s best interests.
- Child support — Children in North Carolina are entitled to support from both parents. I help ensure there is full financial disclosure so any decision the court makes reflects your financial reality.
- Divorce — Just as no two marriages are alike, no two divorces are ever the same. I offer a range of divorce options, including no-fault divorce, uncontested divorce, contested divorce, mediation, and collaborative divorce, so you can choose a process that fits your circumstances. Together we will pursue the best terms possible.
- Equitable distribution of property — Under North Carolina’s laws of equitable distribution, you are entitled to keep your separate property and receive a fair, though not necessarily equal, share of your marital property. I help my clients reach property settlements with spouses to avoid litigation. However, when litigation is necessary to achieve a fair outcome, I come prepared to fight for your property rights.
- Orders of protection — Also known as restraining orders, domestic violence protective orders are often necessary to protect spouses from domestic abuse. I help my clients obtain orders when the need arises: during the divorce process, prior to divorce, or subsequent to divorce. However, I’ve also seen restraining orders misused as weapons during divorce, especially to discredit a spouse during a heated child custody dispute. Therefore, I am also determined to defend clients named as targets of a protective order, so they receive due process.
- Post-divorce modifications — After a divorce, one or both ex-spouses may experience a substantial change in circumstances, making their child custody, child support, or alimony order impracticable. I represent clients in motions for modifications of orders, and help my clients reach negotiated settlements with their ex-spouses. I also help my clients oppose motions when a modification would negatively impact their finances or parental rights.
When you retain my services for your family law issue, you get my full commitment to addressing your concerns and upholding your rights as I work diligently to achieve a favorable outcome.
Contact my Concord law office for family law advice and representation
The Law Office of Amy F. Zacharias provides passionate representation for a wide range of family law issues. To schedule a consultation with a highly responsive family law attorney, call 704-784-3311 or contact me online. My Concord office is conveniently located at 82 Union Street South, directly across the street from the Cabarrus County Courthouse.